Scheduling / missed lessons/ make up lessons/ cancellations
- Lesson times are the same every week. Please be on time for your lesson.
- Each student may cancel up to 2 lessons per semester, up to a maximum 4 per school year. The cancelled lessons are non-refundable, but I will provide an opportunity to make-up the lessons either during the year, or at the end of the year. If the student chooses not to make-up the lessons at the available times, the lessons will be considered forfeit.
- These cancellations can be for any reason (sickness/vacation/etc.)
- in the case of sickness, if you are unable to give 72 hours’ notice, but are able to reach me before the lesson begins, the lesson will be eligible for 1 of the 2 allowable make-up lessons for the semester. If you are unable to reach me before the lesson begins, the lesson will not be eligible for a make-up lesson.
- I require a minimum of 72 hours’ notice for a lesson cancellation (except in the case of sickness).
- In the rare event that I the teacher am not available to teach a scheduled lesson due to sickness, I will try to reschedule the lesson for another time that is convenient for you.
- Occasionally students forget about a lesson. If this happens, I will wait for half of the length of the lesson before leaving. If the student shows up during that time, I will teach the remainder of the lesson. Otherwise, the lesson is considered a no-show. No make-up lessons are available for no shows or partial lessons due to student lateness.Lessons which are canceled with insufficient notice will not be made up. It is up to you to discuss an appropriate time to schedule a make-up lesson
- In the case of dangerous weather conditions, I will call you if you are not able to make it for that day’s lesson, and reschedule at a time that is convenient for you.
- Many students have plans for National holidays, so I take them off as well.
- 1 month notice to cancel lessons is required
- All students are expected to act in a professional manner when participating in private lessons. Punctual attendance is a must in attaining a professional attitude toward your studies.
- For some students studying Pop & Jazz there is a yearly Admin / Photocopy fee of $25. This pays for all photocopies and handouts that I require for the years lessons plus a student binder on their first lesson
- Any music books that I recommend are additional, and can be purchased from a music store, or supplied by myself.
- Students and Parents are responsible to purchase their own material however; I do make regular bi monthly visits to the Music Store so I often do try to accommodate everyone. A 50% cash deposit is required.
In Home Lessons
A parent/guardian or other adult must be home for the duration of all lessons involving minors.
If an adult is not present the teacher is required to leave and that days lesson is counted as a no-show.